Cupar Development Trust – Job Opportunity
Cupar Development Trust is looking to recruit an Administration Officer. The Trust seeks “a highly motivated individual” on a part-time (16hrs per week) basis. Is that you? Know someone who would fit the bill?
The right candidate will “provide professional support and advice to CDT’s Board, Sub-Committees, Staff, and Volunteers, and work with other organisations with which CDT is collaborating in pursuit of key activities across Cupar & District.” Please read on for more, including details on how to apply …
In this exciting role, working in conjunction with the Development Officer, you will have crucial input on the delivery of:
- Planning and implementing selected projects
- Supporting the efforts of groups and individuals to bring about community improvement
- Building partnerships with agencies able to access resources to intervene in community development
- Promoting community capacity building
- Initiating and supporting social enterprise
Illustrative Tasks: –
- Assist in the representation of CDT and its partners to the general public and in meetings with other appropriate agencies
- Assist in ensuring that the policies and procedures of CDT are reviewed regularly and kept up to date.
- Preparing and circulating regular newsletters or briefings agreed by Board
- Preparing and issuing press releases agreed by Board / Chair
- Providing regular updates to CuparNow
- Assisting with the design and conduct of surveys to assess community development priorities
- Assisting in the organising of events, public meetings and consultation events led by CDT
- Fulfilling any other duties reasonably directed by the Board.
- Maintaining CDT records
- Taking, and updating minutes and agendas, and circulating documents as required
- Filing documents and maintaining records in good order
- Updating website
- Maintaining CDT’s suite of Policy Documents
- Monitoring email correspondence and replying to clients
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work with wider community groups.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to set and achieve realistic targets, and to manage own workload.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and to link with a wide range of other organisations.
- Sound computer, skills, using the MS Office suite of programmes, plus Zoom, and Teams.
- Social media skills and web-literacy preferred but training will be provided.
Key information …
- Salary: £30,000 per annum, pro rata (based on 37.5 hours FTE).
- Hours: Part time post, 16 hours per week. These hours of work are flexible and will include working outside 0900 to 1700 and will involve occasional weekend working in order to engage with other local organisations and to attend events. It is reasonable to assume that the hours will vary week to week.
- Location: Balance of home working and Cupar-based client meetings.
- Holiday: 20 days paid leave per annum plus 10 public holidays, pro rata.
- Benefits: CDT will provide the necessary equipment including laptop, mobile phone, email address, stationery and filing facilities. CDT will reimburse any car mileage and additional insurance premium imposed whilst on CDT business. An allowance will be agreed to cover home heat and light, and any additional home insurance premium. (It is assumed that their home broadband will be sufficient for the needs of the post.)
- Period: Initially until 31/03/2024, up to 1 years extension subject to Scottish Government’s annual funding confirmation.
- Clean driving licence required.
How to apply …
An application form and full job description can be obtained by emailing Mrs Anja Armstrong at email@example.com
Application forms to be submitted to Mrs Nicky Bond at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon, Monday 23rd October 2023.