We are in a new year – facing many a challenge – so there has never been a better time to make sure you are taking care of your own wellbeing. Cupar has some fantastic businesses and organisations offering products, services, support and advice – all designed to keep you well, in mind, body and spirit. Please feel free to share with anyone who might be interested. Thank you.
Mind & Body …
Whether trying to manage children’s home schooling, juggling home working or looking for help and support to manage matters during the lockdown, we could all use some help to manage our mindfulness.
Under the ‘health & wellbeing‘ listing on our Blog, you will find Eden Therapies (at the West Port Business Centre) who can offer help with a range of therapies including Homeopathy, Osteopathy and Cranio-sacral Therapy as well as Counselling and Massage. On Bonnygate, Enlighten is a wellbeing hub, supporting individuals and small local businesses. They offer holistic therapies (Monday to Thursday) and you can find more on their Facebook page.
When it comes to physical health, rest assured that the town has many highly qualified and experienced practitioners who are on hand to help:
- Cupar Osteopaths is a family-run Osteopathic clinic providing professional care for patients with musculoskeletal issues. They offer sports massage, Swedish massage, Indian head massage, reflexology as well as podiatry/chiropody. Call 01334 659102 or email them to book your appointment today.
- Eden Osteopaths are at the Westport Business Centre and use “a gentle and effective hands-on approach to healthcare“. Katrine Vogt is a fully qualified and registered osteopath who has been working in the Cupar area for twenty years. She often treats pregnant mothers, children, people with work strain, or pain and stiffness related to advancing years. Katrine says: “We have been asked to keep going to take pressure off the NHS at this challenging time. Anyone feeling anxious about coming back, don’t hesitate to call. I will be stepping up PPE and have more protective masks for you and me to help keep us safe. Thanks as ever for your continued support.” You can call her on 07809 543811 or email via this link.
- FootMed – on Ladywynd – provides podiatry, biomechanics, physiotherapy, orthotic manufacturing and lunula laser treatments. Their premises are on the ground floor with wheelchair access. Call them on 01334 479003 or get in touch via email.
- Joint Muscle Rehab is “on a mission to restore clients to pain free day to day function.” Led by wellness expert, physio and sports therapist, Rob Wilson, JMR specialise in creating treatment plans and rehabilitation programmes designed to prevent and manage persistent pain. You can reach Rob on 01334 477000 or email him using this link.
- Realm Chiropractic on Crossgate has a “unique focus called Structural Correction” where they use “precise analysis of objective measures to create foundational changes to your body that are measurable and at a much deeper level.” They offer Deep Tissue Massage and Yoga & Tai Chi. You can reach them on 01334 654904 or email them via this link.
Throughout 2020, there was also a boom in online classes to help folk stuck at home – and these are available:
- Cupar Sports Centre – they are sharing live online classes via their Facebook page including Stretch & Flow, Barre, Brain Fit, Mobility & Stretch & Power Pilates. If you need more information, please call them on 01334 659324, email them or visit their website.
- 3D Health & Fitness on Crossgate are offering access to over 30 LIVE classes a week, on-demand content, nutritional advice, and much much more. All is available for just £2-a-month for members, with NO minimum contract. You can join now by simply clicking on this link. Any questions, call them on 01334 844972 or drop them an email.
During the initial lockdown, many people took to walking, jogging, running and cycling as physical exercise to keep fit – physically and mentally. The evenings are starting to draw out (snowdrops are appearing too!) so why not make the most and get out to enjoy some of the lovely walks around the town? These can be found by clicking on the map below that opens a downloadable PDF of Cupar Walks.
There are five churches in Cupar – all offering invaluable help and support to our community. Please use the following link to find more information on each:
The following links provide access to all those offering healthcare services in Cupar:
Visit our map that shows the location of all businesses across the town where you can click to find more information.
Struggling to cope?
Don’t bottle things up: talk to family and friends. If they’re not on hand or you’d rather speak with someone in confidence about any issue you are facing, then the following provides contact information that should help:
The SAMH site also contains very useful links on a whole range of issues that might affect you and your family in lockdown – from eating disorders and self-harm to anxiety and panic attacks. There is a wealth of information available to help – just use any of the links provided.
The following links may also prove useful:
- Primary Care Teams – GP Practices/Hubs: all round general care. GP’s can prescribe medicines and will send you to more specialist services if you need them. They can also support you to make contact with other staff like nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and pharmacists. Find more via Fife Health & Social Care Partnership
- Social Work Contact Centre – for information about Social Work services, call 03451551503
- Alzheimer Scotland – offering support, advice and information: 01592 204541 / 24 hour Helpline 08088083000
- Fife Carers Centre – direct support to carers: 01592 205472
- Citizens Advice and Rights for Fife – independent Charity providing advice and support on a wide variety of topics including welfare benefits, debt advice and consumer issues. General Enquiries 0345 1400095.
- Fife Voluntary Action – list of local services, training courses, support for employment issues: 01334 654080
- Age Concern Cupar – befriending and home support: 01334 653597
- On your Doorstep (Fife) – search for community groups, organisations, information and support.
Thanks for reading!