Fife Civic Recognition Awards
This is your chance to nominate an individual, business, 3rd sector organisation or someone working in the public sector who has gone above and beyond the call of duty since the lockdowns began last March.
Nominations are sought for those who made a real difference during the coronavirus pandemic in 2020, particularly the lockdown. FVA says: “We will strive to provide every nominee with a certificate, and a panel will identify the most exceptional contributions under each category – worthy of specific praise and recognition.”
The Lord-Lieutenant of Fife, Mr Robert Balfour and the Provost of Fife, Cllr Jim Leishman MBE, are both supporting these awards and keen to be personally involved in thanking the people of Fife.
Fife Civic Recognition Awards needs you!
FVA is reliant upon you to make nominations.
Please complete the nomination form and feel free to contact FVA if you require any assistance or support. If you do not know all of the details of the person that you are nominating, please do not be put off – simply contact us on 0800 389 6046 and we can take your nomination over the telephone.
Nomination Guidelines …
- If you wish to nominate more than one volunteer/organisation please submit a separate nomination form for each.
- FVA reserves the right to withdraw any application where we reasonably believe that incomplete or inaccurate information has been supplied.
- Personal details won’t be used for any purpose other than the administration of these awards.
- We have a detailed Privacy Notice which clearly sets out what information we collect and process, what we do with it and who we might share it with. It also tells you about your rights in relation to your personal data.
- The decisions made by the judging panel are final and individual feedback cannot be provided to entrants.
- We cannot accept self-nominations.
- The Nominator/Nominee may live outwith Fife, however the work must have benefited individuals or communities in Fife.
- Details of the Nominator may be disclosed to the Nominee, should they request this. We therefore require that Nominators are over the age of 16 and are asked, upon submission, to provide consent to their information being passed on.
- If you have any photos, press releases or anything else to support your nomination please just send it to email@example.com (or contact us and we’ll help you). You will need to specify the category that your nomination fits into. If more than one applies, please just choose the best fit. You can read a little bit about each category by clicking the button below to show or hide the brief descriptions.
The Award Categories
- VOLUNTEER AWARDS
- Exceptional Volunteer Award: this category is open to any volunteer who demonstrated outstanding efforts during COVID-19. This person’s actions should show significant impact on either an individual or their local community.
- Young Volunteer Award: this category is open to volunteers under the age of 25 who, on behalf of an organisation, demonstrated significant efforts during COVID-19, benefiting either an individual or the community.
- Mature Volunteer Award: this category is open to anyone over the age of 60 who, on behalf of an organisation, demonstrated significant efforts during COVID-19, benefiting either an individual or the community.
- Emergency Response Group: this category is open to any informal group such as mutual aid groups or an unregistered community organisation established to keep people safe during COVID-19.
- Good Neighbour Award: this category is open to individuals who provided help and support to a member of their community, during COVID-19. You most likely did not request this help and your neighbour may have contacted you to offer valuable support during this time.
- ORGANISATION AWARDS
- Exceptional Organisation Award: this category is open to any third sector organisation who have adapted and overcome significant challenges and demonstrated substantial impact to those affected by COVID-19.
- Exceptional Charity Worker Award: this category is open to any employee of a third sector organisation who went significantly above and beyond in their efforts to support service users during the pandemic.
- Innovative Award: this category is open to any third sector organisation who, through the COVID-19, have adapted and delivered a service, significantly different to what they would ordinarily provide.
- Digital Award: this category is open to any third sector organisation that demonstrated significant resilience, and through the use of technology delivered vital services in response to COVID-19.
- BUSINESS AWARDS
- Exceptional Small Business Award: this category is open to any private business with fewer than 50 employees who have demonstrated outstanding efforts as a result of COVID-19. The organisation might have offered their services or developed new initiatives to help with the fight against the virus.
- Exceptional Medium-Large Business Award: this category is open to any private sector business with more than 50 employees who have demonstrated outstanding efforts as a result of COVID-19. The organisation might have offered their services or developed new initiatives to help with the fight against the virus.
- Employer Recognition Award: this category is open to any private business who responded to COVID-19 by allowing their staff to volunteer elsewhere thus providing valuable resources where needed most.
- PUBLIC SECTOR AWARDS
- Exceptional Worker Award: this category is open to any persons, working within the Public Sector, who demonstrated outstanding impact to either an individual or community group effected by COVID-19.
- Exceptional Team Award: this category is open to any Public-Sector team who worked together to provide assistance to those affected by COVID-19.
- Redeployed Worker Award: this category is open to any individual, from within the Public Sector, who was redeployed from their normal duties and who undertook significantly diverse activities – benefitting those affected by the COVID-19.
Nominations close on Friday 12 February 2021.
Thanks for reading!